The ASMI mission
- Addressing the “missing middle” in advanced superconductor manufacturing innovation to bridge the gap between manufacturing of superconductor prototypes and full-scale commercialization.
- Developing and deploying innovative in-line tools guided by modeling and simulation for high-yield, high-throughput processing, QA/QC and testing of superconductor wire and components.
- Establishing an ‘industry commons’ to test concepts close to maturity and provide for comprehensive testing of homogeneity and reliability of superconductor wires and power devices.
- Workforce development and training in superconductor manufacturing at all education levels.
- Engaging and assisting Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to address manufacturing impediments to commercialization while reducing associated manufacturability risk during adoption of this new technology platform.